ENGIE Research China: Urban Data Science Intern
ENGIE (ex. GDF SUEZ) employs 150,000 employees worldwide and achieved revenues of €65 billion in
2017. The Engie Group is one of the world’s leading players in energy, present in nearly 70 countries.
Engie Research China is the Engie Group R&D center in China, and aims to develop a series of research programs focused on “integrated infrastructure” for addressing research and engineering grand challenges towards more efficient and intelligent energy services at building scale, at district scale, and at urban scale. Engie Research China also focuses on leveraging advanced information technologies to support business units and management teams develop new business models and make more data- informed decisions, and the R&D outcomes are fully embedded into ENGIE’s business activities.
We are seeking a paid research intern to work for Engie Research China in our Shanghai office. The internship is full time and well paid, and will take 3-12 months (start immediately preferred).
· Degree study in Data Science or Computer Science;
· Deep knowledge and experience of data analytics, optimization, machine learning and artificial intelligence;
· Excellent written and good verbal communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills to work in team environment;
Additional preferred set of skills:
· Experience of software development;
· Experience and knowledge of image processing, geospatial analysis, or network analysis.
· Enthusiasm in applying data analytics in energy field;
· Conduct feature engineering and build models for data-driven energy applications;
· Integrate data analytics into planning, design and operations of energy systems;
· Work with engineering teams for applying AI in district energy and renewable projects ;
· Participate in the development of data products for supporting decision making of engineers, urban planners, and government officials;
· Develop written products including research plans, reviews, project proposals and reports;
· Publish and present research outcomes at conferences, workshops, and industry events;
To express your interest, please send your resume or contact Zheng Yang firstname.lastname@example.org.